6 weeks to 6 months – Younger Infants
7 months to 12 months – Older Infants
ENROLLMENT ACCEPTED FOR 5 DAYS PER WEEK ONLY
The spacious INFANTS Room is divided into two separate areas:
Both Older and Younger curriculums feature a monthly theme with a plush puppet friend, storybooks and a musical CD. New words from American Sign Language are introduced monthly. Parents will receive a monthly newletter with a calendar of events as well as a daily note to document your child’s day.
The Younger Infants Area Features:
Age Appropriate Toys and Activities to stimulate your child’s curiosity and growth
- Tummy Time and Baby Gym Time includes daily stretching exercises on colorful interactive Activity mats to stimulate large motor skills.
- Mirrors for self discovery along with songs such as : “Where is baby?”
- Music is played or nursery ryhmes are introduced, as well as age appropriate songs throughout the day. Music selections include Baby Einstein and classical. Teachers also interact with singing and puppets.
Small Motor Skiills are developed with our numerous Stackables such as rings, shape games, puzzles, blocks and balls
Fingerplays, songs, poems and games help with spatial learning such as in front of/behind, over/under and in between
- Bottles – Infants are held by a teacher and fed their bottles in a cozy rocking chair.
- Bottle Warmer – A bottle warmer is provided for each individual infant
An individual warm wash cloth is used daily after lunchand beofre their nap
The Older Infants Area
- Language Development – The teacher reads story books, sings, and recites nursery ryhmes with a singing Mother Goose.
- Discovery Tables help to develop cognitive thinking skills, through play, using interactive stations that introduce the children to counting, learning ABCs, spanish language vocabulary, and creative movement to music.
- Deck – a large outdoor spacious deck with a retractable awning that allows the older infants to play with toys and their friends.
- Nap Time – Your child is placed in a personal crib with their photo on it. They are placed on their back to prevent SIDS. Custom sheets are provided daily that are laundered on site.
We provide a stimulating environment to help to form a foundation for later learning. Teachers provide personalized care in a loving and clean surrounding.